Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Non Stress Test (NST)

On Septemeber 5th I had my first NST. Everything was great! My amniotic fluid is down to 34 it was 35 a week ago. Nayeli's heart was monitored for 20 minutes and the Nurse said it looks very strong. They did an ultrasound and she looks great! Shane wasn't allowed to go in with me because they had two other patients being monitored. I couldn't wait to tell him the great news. I love getting great news. I am scheduled to go in for NST twice a week starting next week. We pray each day that Nayeli gets stronger to fight this CDH battle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through another blog of a CDH baby.

I can see you are people of faith and I just want to encourage you to keep praying and believe.

My granddaughter was born in Dec 2008 with LCDH, and after she was born the doctors didn't hold out a lot of hope because she was very, very sick. She was born at Kaiser in LA and transferred to Children's Hospital Los Angeles when she was 24 hours old.

We prayed and prayed and believed and here she is, 9 months old, and very healthy and happy. She was in the hospital for 12 weeks.

You can read her story if you like on my daughter's blog http://kariabi.blogspot.com/

Interesting that you live in No. Cal and your parents live in So. Cal. We have an opposite situation. Our daughter lives in So. Cal and we live in No. Cal.

It was quite a journey.

I will continue to follow your story and pray for your sweet Nayeli Faith.

Elizabeth said...

Things are looking very good for Miss Nayeli. And Cadenne is adorable - and so are her big sisters and brother!

CDH is simply that a journey...

With thoughts, prayers and LUNG FUNCTION chants,
Elizabeth

Tricia said...

Hi, Liz and Shane! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I would love to add your link to my list on the blog if it is ok with you! Just let me know!

I'm off to read the rest of your blog and catch up with your story. :)

PLEASE let me know if you have any questions or need anything. My email address is tlmcdaris at yahoo dot com.