Monday, September 29, 2008

35 weeks!

I went for my NST today. There was someone else in the room having their NST done so Shane had to wait until she was done. I had my usual blow pop because I didn't want Kathy to use the zapping device on Nayeli. Last time she did, Nayeli wasn't cooperative and moved around for over an hour. Nayeli looked great today. She was throwing a few punches and Kathy was able to take a few pictures. She weighs 5 lbs. 1 ounce. My fluid is at 41. I told Kathy I was concerned because I had some bleeding last night. Dr. Maier was on vacation so Kathy told me she would let Dr. Mark know my concern. After further discussion with Dr. Mark I was embarrassed because it turns out the bleeding was from a hemoroid. Shane wanted me to mention the hemoroid story he thought it was funny.

Twinkie and Molly are really enjoying me being home. They sit next to me and when I take a nap they are right there. I can still pick up Molly who only weighs 9 lbs. Twinkie doesn't understand why I stopped picking him up. He puts his head next to my belly and every now and then Nayeli gives him a kick. He just lifts his head and his ears and lays down again. It's funny to watch. We tried video taping but for some reason Nayeli is camera shy.

I have my next appt. on Friday. We will keep everyone posted. I hope my fluid goes down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nayeli-
Sounds like you are doing great...keep up the good work and stay in mommy's belly as long as you can, it's warm and cozy in there.

Liz:
please, please send me your address so I can send you something a litte NICU care pckage before Nayeli arives. My email is cvmann5@hotmail.com

Tracy Meats said...

Liz and Shane--praying for Nayeli that she keeps getting stronger. Praying that your fluid levels come down and you are able to carry Nayeli longer, several more weeks we hope!! She needs that to gain some more weight and get stronger. Have you packed your bag yet, just in case of a suprise arrival. I was so unprepared when Ian was born 4 weeks early and was not aware that he was going to be born with CDH.

Take care and rest--you will need your strength. To baby Nayeli, amaze your mommy and daddy!!

Tracy Meats - mom to Ian (born with a LCDH on 4/3/04) and WY and CO state rep. for CHERUBS