Saturday, February 14, 2009

Nayeli's 1st Valentine's Day


Thank you Dan and Georgina for this cute Valentines outfit for Nayeli. Nayeli is not even 4 months old yet and she already has two boyfriends, Carter and John Michael. Nayeli has great taste because Carter and John Michael are adorable. They are both her Valentines.

We spoke to UCSF on Friday regarding her vomiting. The surgeon said that based on the description of what is happening to Nayeli she doesn't need any further testing at this time. They had us increase her Rinitidine from .5ml to .8ml. They told us that should help her with her vomiting. They also told us that her vomiting is common with CDH babies and not to be alarmed. For those of you who have babies taking medicines, make sure your Doctor increases their dosage with the weight of your child because Kaiser didn't tell us to and this should've been done months ago. The surgeon suggested we slightly elevate Nayeli's head when she sleeps at night. She said her head should be slightly above her feet and nothing more. She felt doing this would decrease episodes of vomiting. I was going to do this because Kellie, Carters mommy suggested it.

On Friday morning when Nayeli woke up for her 5am feed she scared the beejeebeez out of me. I saw her two legs out of her swaddle and the top part still velcroed around her arms. The bottom part of the swaddle somehow came over her face. I freaked! I was asking everyone about when to stop swaddling and I guess Nayeli answered my question. She has been sleeping very well without her swaddle and had minor spit up the last couple of nights.

For Valentine's day Shane surprised me with flowers, chocolates and cooked a tasty tri tip dinner. He is so sweet and romantic he cut the napkins and the tomatoes on the salad as heart shape. Nayeli was great by taking a nap and letting us have a nice dinner before her bath. Shane and I always celebrate Valentine's day as our beginning to date day. Five years ago today we started dating. Nayeli and I are so lucky to have Shane as a husband and father.
I love mommy's spa treatment

Daddy already has me brainwashed to be a Buffalo Sabres fan I was pointing at the logo in my sleep. I think I like the Kings better they have a cool uniform.

Thank you Carter for my onesie, I can't wait til I am big enough to wear it.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

she just gets cuter and cuter w/ each picture! thank you for continuing to share her and your story w/ us! you never know what post someone may read that will help them tremendously! god bless all of you guys!

Sonya Wilson said...

Hi Shane. Elizabeth and Nayeli! I haven't talked to you in forever! I started working full time...
Nayeli is so beautiful! I still am waiting for the word when I can meet her in person! She looks like she is fun too!
I'm so happy everything is going so well!
Liz, email me when you get the opportunity... my computer crashed and I lost all my contacts when I had to restore...
Miss you! Maybe we can get together to catch up soon!

*super dude and super dog* said...

I'm glad you like it! I got it a little bigger b/c someone gave us one in the 9-18 month size (our friend Leah Hansen) and it shrunk a little when washed and I think Carter could wear it now! We sent John Michael one, too that is just like Carter's. I think Leah started a trend!

Daria said...

She is so cute! I'm glad you got some good advice and hope it will help. You are doing a wonderful job and I'm glad you got some romantic time together.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

She looks so sweet in that outfit...ok, she always looks sweet. Got to love a girl in pink!!!

Corin said...

She is just so beautiful! I always love seeing her new pictures!

Fer said...

Awwww how cute is that!

Paula said...

Nayeli is such a cutie. I hope her vomiting gets better soon. I remember the docs telling us that after upping the med dosage it make take a few days to see any improvement. I also remember my son being on that med in the beginning and having to switch over to a different type (I think he was about 5 months or so) just because it can become ineffective after using it for awhile.

Megan Larson said...

Happy Valentine's Day!! We're glad it was a sweet one. Liz, I feel like such a dork, I only just now went to the multimedia site and of course it was too late to view what you had sent...I'm sorry. What was it? Thank you for sending it, whatever it was! :)

Elizabeth said...

She is so cute! You know I never thought of perhaps her meds had to be increased. I hope that is the fix and it will be smooth sailing from now on.

I love that onsie! Good choice Carter!

Irvin family said...

Hi Shane, Elizabeth and Nayeli, I have watching Nayeli since she was born. She has been a true inspriation to my Husband and I. WE have a daughter Oakley that was just born on Feb. 12th that has CDH. We had prayed that she would do as great as nayeli did after birth. She was able to have her surgery yesterday only 4 days after birth. The doctors say that she has done remarkably well for a CDH baby. WE are so Thankful for GOD healing powers and our faith has grown so much through this whole process. I will continue to watch Nayeli grow.

With love,
Brian and Sheree Irvin

Irvin family said...

Nayeli has truely be an inspiration for us on beating CDH.
We would love for you to add us to your blog.

The Irvin's

Anonymous said...

Nayeli just gets more adorable every day! Glad to hear the vomitting is not a major concern and that the dosage has been resolved. Love the scar onesie - very cool! Keep posting, they really make my day to see your photos and blog - thinking of you all the time. Love, Amy & family

Tricia said...

That is a GREAT onesie!! Where did she get it?

Glad that Nayeli's vomiting is not anything to be concerned about. It's nice to have reassurance, huh?

She's such a pretty little valentine, isn't she?

Jaime Smith said...

Liz and Shane.

She is getting sooo big! She is so beautiful! I am glad you had a nice V-Day and that it was filled with love. Sending big hugs your way!

Jaime, Mommy to Angel Ryann
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ryannsmith

Aimee said...

She's getting so big. What a little cutie!