Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Nayeli Faith!

Little Yeli Bean you amaze us each day. We knew you were a fighter from the moment you were born. We heard you cry for one second then there was silence because they quickly put you on a ventilator. You showed everyone how strong you were when you decided to extubate yourself when you were six days old. We know that you like things done on your time. You show us that everyday.

You are changing and growing so fast. We love and cherish every moment of it. I thought when I went back to work I would be tired after working all day. I surprise myself, I always have energy for you. I love spending every minute with you. Your daddy and I have become friends with people that were once strangers now they are our closest friends. God tested and trusted in us a year ago with our faith. We prasied him through it all. Everyday you remind us how precious life is. You are a miracle!

As of your First Birthday you:

-are saying Mama, Dadda,book, Kitty, Shane, Hi, Mol(Molly), qak(quack),tery(teddy),Bir(bird)
-baby sign: doggie, book, wave bye bye, duck, milk
-are pulling yourself up and crusing. You crawl all around the house and get into everything your body fits in
-you hand us stuff you find
-climbing up stairs with our supervision
-have 7 teeth and one is peeking out today!
-wake up in the middle of the night, you are thirsty for BM and want to cuddle with mama you go back to sleep til 8am
-wake up in a good mood everyday and when you want us to come in you yell "Shane"
-love eating chicken, cheese, green beans pears and apple sauce
-love going into all the drawers and cabinets even though they are childproof.
-enjoy playing with the dog bowls. You tease Molly and Twinkine by putting your hand out and making them think you are giving them food.
-like pulling Max's tail.

We are so blessed to have you in our lives Nayeli. Thank you God for giving us Nayeli Faith. She is a living miracle and are grateful for you letting us be her mommy and daddy. Happy 1st Birthday Nayeli Faith!

He fills my life with good things.
Psalm 103:5

10 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Nayeli you are one amazing little CDH Princess warrior!

Love the block cake!

Amber

Megan Larson said...

Happy birthday, sweet beautiful princess Nayeli. Watching your one year video brought back all those memories. Liz you were so amazing to stay awake for all those hours! I remember following your story and praying for rest for you. You are incredible.
I dare you to show that poop picture to her prom date. LOL.
The cake was so cool! Did you make that yourself?? It looked so yummy. I loved the picture of Nayeli in her Alaska outfit--she looked so great! Thanks for letting us be a part of your lives. :)

Kathryn Olmstead said...

oh my goodness- I think I love her cake just as much as she!! SO cute! And that picture with her hands out wide and is looking at the cake- that is me! With the cake that you made!! lol!! I love it!! :)

Happy Birthday Nayeli!! I hope one day you and Kayla do meet and become great friends!! :)

The Hobbs Family said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! May you have many more!!!!!

Maxton's Mommy said...

Happy birthday Nayeli! Your story was the very first one I started reading where you hadn't been born yet! You are super amazing!!

Ashley

Vince and Patty said...

Watching your video reminded me of following your journey last year when we first got our diagnosis. You were such a huge source of me!

Happy birthday Nayeli!

Much love!

Tracy Meats said...

Happy 1st Birthday Nayeli!! I watched the video on facebook this morning and it had me in tears. You are a precious miracle Nayeli. Hope your next year is full of suprises, joys and much love and laughter.

Much love,
Tracy

Irvin family said...

Happy Birthday Nayeli, from the Irvin family, you have been such an inspiration to me and my wife and CDH miracle Oakley. God Bless you and we hope that you have a wonderful birthday

Georgina said...

Happy Birthday to your little Blessing! =)

Beverly said...

Happy birthday, Nayeli! You've had quite the journey, little one! God is good!