Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Goodnight Moon

The first Nayeli Faith Foundation charity Police vs. Fire hockey game was great. We raised over 3k. We are so grateful to everyone that helped. We couldn't of done this without you. We are planning to have the webiste go live soon and have brochures printed out.

We hope that you and your family had a great New Years. We had a nice dinner and then Shane had to go to work. So it was just Nayeli and I celebrating New Years. She went to bed at her usual time 815pm and was asleep by 830pm. I thought for sure the next door neighbors kids were going to wake her up at 9pm when they were yelling Happy New Year and banging on pots and pans for 30 minutes. She slept right through it. I was able to stay awake until 1215am. Reflecting back on 2009 We started the Nayeli Faith Foundation, I reconnected with old friends and made new friends. I cherish my old friends. We made great family memories and shared laughter and tears.

Twinkie loves to play with Nayeli. Nayeli likes to chase him with her car. She laughs so hard when he chases her back. Nayeli opening her Christmas present from Godfather Alex. She loves her dog book. My parents came up on Saturday and are leaving today. My dad wanted to come up with my mom since he hasn't seen Nayeli in a while. I love my mom coming every week, I am so glad my dad came up and stayed for the week. Nayeli calls him gram. I think she is trying to say grandpa. My dad enjoyed taking Nayeli on walks in her car. She loves going outside. It's been nice coming home from work and having dinner ready. My mom continues to come up 2 days a week. She is racking up the frequent flyer miles.

Congratulations to our friend John who retired after 28 years! He is a great candidate for babysitting Nayeli. He has his flu shot, H1N1 and never gets sick. When can you start John?
Over the weekend Shane and I got the chance to go out to our friend John's retiring party. He retired from the police department after working there for 28 years. It was so much fun getting out and dancing and being among friends. Most of all Shane and I had a date night. I felt a little better in leaving Nayeli with my mom. I called to check in a few times but was more at ease. I enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine and when I got home I pumped and dumped and didn't feel guilty. As we were leaving the party that night. John said something that I took to heart the following day. He said we need to get Shane to this point. It's important! I thought about it the next day and I had tears. I knew what he meant. John and his wife Laura
There is so much that Nayeli has been doing this past week. She started to stand on her own for a about one second and she has it down to two seconds. It is so cute to see her look so proud of herself when she does it. She first puts her head on the floor and then she sticks her butt in the air and does a squat and then slowly stands. She remains squatted for balance. The other way she does it is she sits in a squat and slowly gets up in a stand. She looks like she is ready to sumo wrestle. I have been trying to see if she will walk while holding my hands around the house but she doesn't like it. Over the weekend we were at Averi's service which was beautiful and sad. We sat in the back to stay away from everyone. Nayeli was quiet for a total of 20 minutes, I was impressed. She became restless and I had to step out with her. She got squirmy and wanted to go on the floor. I didn't feel comfortable her crawling on a dirty floor so I held both of her hands and let her feet touch the floor she started to walk. She did it for about 5 minutes and got tired. I noticed as she was getting tired she started walking on her tippy toes. Cute!

She is sleeping better at night. I don't want to jinx it so I will only say that. When it's time for bed after I read her a book and I kiss her goodnight and put her in her crib she holds me tighter and doesn't want to let go. So how can I say no. I hold her a bit longer. I would stay up holding her all night if I could but I know it's the wrong thing to do.

I received great high calorie recipres from Claire's mom and have been feeding Nayeli that. So far she is drinking 20cc of whole milk with 10 cc of half and half. I try to offer her that before juice diluted with water. I also have been giving her pizza, grilled cheese, lots of butter with all her food and tater tots. She has become a very picky eater so we offer her anything we can to get her to eat.
Last week we decided to start letting Nayeli try to feed herself. She is really good. We have allowed her to try practicing with an empty spoon before. So when it came to time to feed herself she did it like a pro. Here is a video of her feeding herself with spoon for the first time.

She baby signed eat for the first time last week when she was about to eat lunch. I sat her on her highchair and signed it. I praised her and she began to clap. Later that day while I was BF. She was done on one side and baby signed more. So I switched breast and was so happy that I understood her. This baby signing is great! I have been reading her Goodnight Moon every night and I have been teaching her the baby sign for moon. A few weeks ago when we had a full moon. She baby signed moon and said it when I showed it to her. Last week when we had a full moon she did it every time I showed her the moon. A few times during the day she would go to the window and say and baby sign it. I have been telling her the moon comes out at night and the sun is during the day. We ordered her more baby sign DVD's she loves them and gets excited each time I put them on for her. I wish I could take her to a baby sign class with other children her age. She could have full conversations with them. Last night the word DOG came out on the TV and she did the baby sign for it before it was said. We have a genius in our hands.

Everyday is a blessing with Nayeli and we are forever grateful.

4 comments:

Alex, Ingrid, Alina & Robbie Houchin said...

You guys have such a beautiful daughter! It's great to see her progress with every posting. Lol, Alina also walks on her tiptoes. I am trying to teach her to step, she does it for 2 steps and then goes back to what she knows best. Love the picture from your date. You are such a wonderful couple. Happy New Year! May 2010 only bring you wonderful moments together.
Hugs from the UK.

Kathryn Olmstead said...

wow- I would LOVE to see a video of her trying to stand-sounds so adorable!!! :) I'm glad everything is going well and your foundation did so well that night!! Congrats to that! :)

Daria said...

What a great update. Thank you for sharing.

Candice and Rob Beal said...

thank you for reading my blog....i'm just now going through my comments of when jackson passed away......thank you for your prayers and love.......yyour family is precious