Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Eliana Hope and Eli Luc

On Thursday February 17th I started to bleed again. Shane cam home from work and took me to the hospital. I am so glad my dad was home because it was 1030pm and I would've felt bad if we had to take Nayeli with us. The Dr examined me and said I would have to stay over night. They took me to a double room and there was another patient there. I didn't sleep at all that night because I was still fighting my cough/cold. The nurses kept waking me up because they we're monitoring the babies and me. I was exhausted Friday morning. I was so glad to see that the other patient was going home. Maybe now I can get some rest. The Dr told me that they are going to hold me for another night and my high risk Dr is going to call me. I was hoping that once I spoke with him he would tell me I would be able to go home. My high risk Dr called me and said for the safety of the babies and myself that I should stay until babies are born. It could be 1 to 3 weeks. He said since it is the 6th incident he said it would be best for the babies and me. I was really sad with the news. I am going to be away from Nayeli and Shane everyday. I was in tears. I started to pray and I realize its the best for the babies and me.

I am 36 weeks this week and the Dr thinks I will be able to make it to 38 weeks woith no porblems. I haven't had anymore bleeding and I hardly have any contractions. Bedrest is making a difference. We are very thankful that my dad has been helping us out. He stayed for two weeks went home last Friday and came back this past Monday. Nayeli was taking advantage of him and not cooperating at all. They are doing a lot better and my dad has finally figured Nayeli out. I am so glad and happy they are having this bonding time together and makiang memories. My mom is working and the plan is as soon as I have my csection she will come up to take care of Nayeli.

My high risk Dr told me that he has me on the calender for a scheduled csecxtion on March 17th. I will be exactly 38 weeks. He asked me if I would be ok if he did an amnio on the 37th week to see if babies are ready to come out then. Shane and I are not agreeable to that and don't understand why take a chance for infection or hurting the babies when there is only one more week after that. After everything we have been through with our last three pregnancies we don't want to take any risks. The babies haven't turned Dr said if they do I can have a Vbac but if they don't then it will be a csection. I would love to deliver vaginaly but if I don't then I am just thankful for all that God has given us.

The names we chose for our babies are "Eliana Hope" for our baby girl and "Eli Luc" for our baby boy. We chose Eliana because it is in the baby book with Nayeli being the sister name. When we picked Nayeli I thought if she had a sister Eliana would be the perfect sister name. It also means God has answered which is how we feel. Shane and I had a tough time with our baby boy's name. I wanted Noah and Shane thought it was a soft name. He liked Eli and I did toobut still wanted Noah. We finally agreed and we are happy with choice. We chose Luc as the middle name. In October of 2007 I had to end my pregnancy at 14 weeks because of our baby having anomolies that were not going to allow him to survive out of utero. When we got the pathology report back we found out we were having a boy. I had a dream prior to that he was a boy. We decided to name him Luc. We hope that Eli will one day be honored to carry his brother's legacy in his middle name. We thank God for giving us this beautiful blessing of having twins and for the miracle. We praise him for all that he has given us.


Jen said...

Beautiful names, with even more beautiful meaning behind them. Wishing you all the best these next two weeks, and praying for a safe and healthy delivery for you and the babies. Can't wait to "meet" these two little cuties when they arrive! ;-)

larson_megan said...

Gorgeous names for gorgeous babies! Love all the Facebook pics and can't wait to see them here!!!