Thursday, February 17, 2011

My 2nd Home is Labor & Delivery!

Here we go again! On February 9th I went to Labor and Delivery for the 4th time. Everytime I go in it's for the same reason BLEEDING. I actually anticipated it this time because I strained myself with Nayeli the night before. Nayeli had been very uncooperative with me the last previous nights and I was afraid this was going to happpen because I used my ab strength with her to bring her upstairs. I woke up the next day bleeding. I called Labor and Delivery and they told me to come in. I went to Labor and Delivery for the 4th time they checked me for a few hours and examined me and everything was fine and they sent me home.

Our good friend who is Nayeli's godmama came over to help me that night to bring her upstairs and give her a bath. I layed down and kept out of sight so she wouldn't cry. I hear her cry a little bit and kept saying "Mommy do it" several times. When I told her to thank her Godmamma for giving her a bath and she was leaving she quickly got up and stopped crying. She gave her a hug and grabbed a book for me to read to her. I was going to have a friend come over and help me again but I was able to bribe her in going upstairs without her getting upset.

I started having a weird tickle cough on Friday night and woke up sick on Saturday morning. Shane was sick too. We both had fevers over the weekend and were both coughing. We were being very careful around Nayeli and she didn't show any signs she was getting sick until Monday. I slept all day on Saturday while Shane took care of Nayeli. Shane took a nap while Nayeli took a nap and he let me keep sleeping after she woke up.

I was feeling terrible and kept coughing all through Saturday night. I thoght I peed on myself so I went to go pee and I had blood all over me. I peed and a big 2x2 piece of clot looking thing came out. I freaked out! I called Labor and Delivery and the nurse told me just to observe the bleeding for the next 2 hours. I was concerned since each time they have told me to come in. The nurse said since I am now 34 weeks they let me go into labor without stopping it. I called back within in 30 minutes and told her I went to the bathroom again and I was still bleeding clots. She said for me to come in.

I was exhausted since I hardly had any sleep and was coughing non stop. The Dr. examined me and told me my cervix was closed at a 2 and I was dialating at a 1. He said they are going to keep me overnight to observe me for any laboring. He also said I might need a csection if I do. I was freaking out because the worst thing is going into labor when you are sick. I also couldn't stop thinking if I do go into labor I wont be able to hold the babies because I am sick and so is Shane. It brought back memories of Nayeli. I lost it and cried. I then prayed and said I am grateful and thankful for having these two babies and if this is the plan I will go with it. I have always wanted to have a vaginal birth but if that is not in Gods plans then I will go with whatever the plan is as long as the babies and I are healthy. They did a level 2 ultrasound and wanted to make sure babies were ok. I arrived at 630am without eating because I ran out of the house. They told me I was not going to be able to eat for a while until they made sure I wasn't going into labor. I was thirsty and coughing non stop. I was miserable!
They gave me something for my cough and made me fall asleep. I took a nap and woke up with a dry throat. I was told by 1pm I can eat. I was so hungry and thirsty. I started feeling very hot and they checked I was running a fever of 101. I was praying I would get better. Shane and Nayeli came to visit me in the afternoon. I was sad that I couldn't hug her or kiss her because I didn't want her to get sick. As they were leavig she said "Mommy let's go". The Dr came in to talk to me and said she called my high risk Dr. at home and he agreed in keeping me overnight for observation. The Dr. told me that if things were looking ok I might be able to go home the next day. Staying in the hospital with monitors attached to your belly and the nurses checking you every minute was not a very restful night especially with me being sick. I also had to get up to pee every 2 hours.

The next morning I was exhausted from just being in the hospital. I was hoping they would tell me I was going to be able to go home. My high risk Dr. came in and I was happy to see him. He told me that the babies look great and I am not contracting going into Labor so I should be able to go home by early afternoon. He also told me I will have to take it easy for the next few weeks so the babies stay in a little longer. He told me I would have to start having NST's once a week to check the babies. I was so happy to be going home.

Shane and I had my dad fly in from LA so he could help us with Nayeli. It's been great having him around. He has been a great help to us. He has been playing with Nayeli, feeding her, changing her, giving her a bath and putting her to bed. He has cooked dinner for us and checks on me to see if I need anythng. He also has been walking Twinkie and Molly which I feel so bad I haven't been giving them any attention. I am staying away from both my dad and Nayeli since I am still sick and coughing. I hope this cough goes away soon. My side hurts so much from coughing and blowing my nose. This past Tuesday I had an appt to see my high risk Dr. and to also have an NST. The NST brought back so many memories of when I had to get it done with Nayeli. The Dr. checked me and the babies on the U/S. Everything looks great! He checked my cervix and he said it's closed and is 4 in length. I asked him why they said 2 the other day. He explained U/S and feeling it is different so when can feel one way but the U/S will show another. He also told me the bleeding might have been caused because the Placenta is very close to the cervix and that could cause an irritation. He told me it's not dangerous at this time. I am praying that the these two little ones stay inside a while longer or at least until I am healthy.

Nayeli has been coughing since Monday and it gets worse at night. So far she has been eating and playing and shows no sign of this cough slowing her down. She covers her mouth with her arm and my dad has been careful around her. The last thing I want is for him to get sick and go home on Friday and give it to my mom. He is going to fly up again on Monday and stay thru Friday every week until I go into Labor then my mom will come up since she has to continue to work right now.

We went to our friends super bowl party and had fun. Nayeli enjoyed playing with other kids. She loves to give hugs. We are trying to get out more during the cold/flu season but it scares us too. Shane and Nayeli went to their first father daughter dance. I had a few tears of joy as I watched them. I remember being pregnant with Nayeli and wondering if this day would ever happen. It did and we are so grateful to GOD for our miracle.


Kate said...

wow!! an uneventful pregnancy is not in the cards for you! The twins are certainly keeping you busy! I hated being preggers- and to be sick and preggers w/ two inside.. I can't imagine how you are feeling!! I hope things are getting better and you are feeling healthy again!

I hope Nayeli is feeling better as well!! It's always so hard to see your baby sick! :(

Take care of yourself and your two little babies..! You are almost there!! You have made it a lot longer than a lot people w/ twins!! So GREAT job!! Keep it up!! :) I pray quite often for you and your newborns! Hang in there, there is an end in sight.. :)

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself and each other and enjoy every moment. What an exciting time for you guys. Thinking about you and can't wait to see photos of the new babies!!
Amy & Family

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Seeing you in that last picture brought back so many memories of being preggers with the twins. You look fabulous. Thinking and praying for you and your family!!! Oh, and I hated being in the hopsital, and Hollie coming to visit me. I loved seeing her, but watching her leave was heart breaking. I wanted her to stay in bed with me and watch movies the whole time.
Take care,